Each Tuesday I join Many Little Blessings and post a top ten list. The list might be tips, crafts, hints, favorites, or anything that sparks my interest. Enjoy!
Lately I’ve been trying to clean my craft area. This has resulted in the uncovering of wayyyyyyy too much stashed fabric. So, after lots of
thinking pinterest browsing, I’ve found these quick and easy quilts that will make great gifts and eat up some of my fabric stash (I’ve got to make room for new fabric, right?!)
1. Chevron Quilt (I actually completed this quilt about two months ago and it only took about a week. (I sent it off to be quilted b/c my machine can’t handle anything larger than a baby quilt)
2. X’s and O’s – this one is great for baby quilts! I’ve done two for my mom-friends and they come together super quickly. (the pattern is originally from www.quiltpox.com/Patterns/Hugs/ – but their site has been down for a bit so I don’t know if you’ll still be able to get the pattern or not.) Photo from http://scrapatches.blogspot.com/2011/04/more-blooms-and-baby-blocks-and-fabric.html
3. Double Irish Chain – I’m working on a larger version of this design right now for my Dad. (I’ll post pics when it’s further along). photo from keek003‘s flickr.
4. WIndy Days Quilt – super cute, super simple, super fast. This one is next on my list! (photo from: http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/05/windy-days-quilt.html#more)
5. Slide Show Quilt – I love this one, so happy! photo from http://pugkayaker.blogspot.com/2012/03/sew-day.html
6. Pieced Center String Quilt Block – Talk about using up your stash, this one will do it! photo from http://miss-print.blogspot.com/2010/07/tutorial-pieced-centre-string-quilt.html
7. Modern Quilt – Love how fast this one comes together! And it’s super versatile, the one pictured is for a baby crib, but you could use it anywhere 🙂 photo from: http://www.bijoulovelydesigns.com/2010/05/lovely-designs-modern-baby-quilt.html
8. Quilted Pillow – Love the personalization and all the bright colors on this cute pillow. photo from: http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2012/01/haileys-pillow.html
9. Soul Blossoms Quilt – I love that the main blocks of this quilt are NOT pieced together. Makes it go so much faster 🙂 photo from: http://www.diaryofaquilter.com/2011/06/soul-blossoms-quilt.html
10. Zig-a-dee-zag Quilt – this is another half square triangle quilt, similar to my chevron one at the top. I love the graphic quality this one has. photo from http://www.flickr.com/photos/jadejutara/6912941520/in/photostream/