Week 16 = my birthday week! I spent the whole week celebrating in some way or another. Tuesday, Nikki and I went to see Neon Trees (and were blown away by their opening act, Twenty One Pilots – they had an electric ukulele!)
I opted to include a Design H insert to hold photos related to my actual birthday. I used a title card from the Jade kit, a photo of my gift bag, chevron washi found at Hobby Lobby, and a flag note & letter stickers found at Target dollar spot to set off the insert.
This 26 quilts card might be my favorite yet. I’ve had those button stickers for months and didn’t know what to do with them, but I love how they turned out here.
To further accent this azalea card, I used a circle punch and cut out one of the asteric symbols on a sea foam journaling card.
A few other highlights from the week:
- I found the first gift I’m taking to Ecuador this fall: a beautiful HeartsforHearts Girls doll for my sweet Emily
- We’re still getting a few colder nights – which means we’re still having to cover the garden. But, despite the cold, the tomatoes are growing and I’m super excited to harvest them in a few weeks.
- Nikki painted me the cutest elephant on a balloon for my birthday. I love it! Thanks, Nikki!!
- Jessica got me a new scent for a new year and it’s fantastic – coconutty and summery and wonderful.
- And Dot, out of left field, found me the absolute best elephant earrings & gave them to me on my birthday – which was an accomplishment by itself – but I love them and loved spending the day with her.
Supplies Used: All photos taken with iphone 4s & printed at Walgreens and Walmart; Seafoam Core Kit, Monthly Dividers, Large Paper & Binder; Digital Seafoam Papers printed at Office Max; Amy Tangerine date stamp; kraft stickers & yellow dot washi from Target; get excited stamp from Elise’s Stamp Shop; Your Awesome is Showing & Hello Darling stamp from mertilton; button stickers from stash; flair from aflairforbuttons (Cat & Birthday Girl); cardstock “labels” from Elle’s Studio (noted & no text); Design A Page Protectors; Design J Page Protector; 3×4 Grid Journaling Cards; Fiskars Corner Rounder; Zig Millenium Pen; staz-on ink; Stampabilities ink; & American Crafts slick writer.
Linked up with the Mom Creative for Project Life Tuesday.