I’ve had this quilt top nearly completed for months. The inside, trellis-looking bit was finished back in October, but I knew I wanted to add a border, so it sat waiting for months until I found the ideal fabric. But, with Dad recovering still, and me home with him for the first few days, it seemed to be the perfect time to get this one off the books.
I’m not sure where I originally got the idea for this quilt pattern…. Pinterest probably, but I went back through my pins and, while this one is very close, I don’t think it was the inspiration…I ended up using a fat-quarter bundle from Walmart and cut charm squares for each of the color blocks. The green border is actually a vintage king pillowcase trimmed and pieced.
I quilted straight lines 1/4 of an inch on each side of the seams of each of the white strips. On each of the 4patch colored squares, I free motioned quilted a large flower. I’m definitely not the best free motion quilter. Thankfully, this pattern and the fabrics I chose were very forgiving.The quilt is once again backed with a vintage quilt – one that repeats the floral and diamond patterns.
And there you have it, Quilt 17 of 26! Only 9 quilts and 2.5 months to go!