For quilt 21 of my #26quilts project, I’d been eyeing this post on Pinterest for months, trying to figure out all the math behind the pattern and how, exactly, I could make it myself. I found the easiest way was to use charm squares.So, after purchasing a fat quarter bundle of fabric, I set about cutting TONS of charm squares. For my quilt, it took 132 charms for the 2 interlocking borders, 108 charms for the white/cream background, and 32 charms for the cross. (And yes, I totally did just re-count them…)
As I’ve mentioned before, I made a list of people I wanted to gift quilts at the beginning of this project. From the moment I saw this pattern, I knew who on my list it would be perfect for – and, I’m happy to report, the recipient loved it. As in, stood in the parking lot literately screaming with joy, loved it.
This is the only quilt that I did not machine quilt, myself. Due to its size (aprox. 72″ x 81″), I had this one professionally finished. I let the quilter have free reign on the design, but did ask that the border, background, and cross all be a different pattern; and that the design be fairly heavy.